Sunday, March 6, 2011

Reflection: eduTecher

            First off, I have to say that I really enjoy the look and layout of eduTecher. Clean, modern, oriented for teachers, I like it.
            While going through, I decided I would click on foreign language for elementary school students. It greatly narrowed down the findings for me and I found a site that it gave that looked interesting and appropriate for young students called “Conjugation.” Turns out, this website could be helpful for ALL students, not just ones who speak another language. What this website does is allows the person to insert any verb into the search bar and it will bring up all of the forms of that verb. Young students, because of their cognitive development, are not able to always conjugate verbs correctly and so having this resource will allow them to see how each tense is formed and said.
            I went back to the homepage of eduTecher and decided to look up Social Studies sites. Then I clicked on Altapedia, which contains full color physical and political maps and facts and stats about different countries throughout the world. It is also broken up alphabetically so students can go search by specific countries or use the actual map. This resource is useful in showing a whole class certain things about the world, but also allows them to go and do individual research.
            The last resource I found was under teacher tools. One of the first things that came up was “280 Slides”, which allows teachers (or students) to create great slideshows and rather than have them saved to a flash drive, they can be accessed from anywhere. It is video and picture capable and has numerous themes. This would definitely be useful in student projects, lessons, and would eliminate the problem of carrying flash drives around or not having the correct program installed on the computer to run the Powerpoint or whatnot.
            I think I enjoy this eduTecher site. Easy and chock full of resources.    

No comments:

Post a Comment