Sunday, February 20, 2011

Animoto in my Classroom

While "Powerpoint" presentations may still be the norm in many classrooms and businesses around the world, "Animoto" is definitely the thing that is shaking up "Powerpoint-like" programs. Animoto is a service that turns pictures and text into an entertaining slideshow. I enjoy that their are various levels of Animoto, from extra-pay features all the way down to free 30 second slideshows. I mean, it is so easy for students to go right into the free program and create a short informational video for any subject and share it with their peers. What's even better, in my opinion, is that Animoto does the creation of the video all for you! It times images with music and transitions and can even include text to make it more informational. I think that this service would be successful in the classroom because it is entertaining for the kids and they can truly make it how they want. The extended features would be useful to buy in the future just so that the slideshows can be longer and be used in a way that really teaches a lot of information rather than just 30 seconds. Here is a preview of an Animoto I made about my summers working as a Daycamp Counselor with First Graders!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment